Note: We will regularly update this page regarding our response to the coronavirus pandemic, including modified operations and reopening plans.
iLEAD Family Resource Helpline
We want to thank you for all you do for your children. Our lives have been shaken and changed by the COVID-19 pandemic. No matter what you’re feeling and experiencing, we want you to know you are not alone. Though we’re separated by physical distance, we’re here for you and united in our mission to serve our learners, families, and one another.
To strengthen our sense of community and provide an opportunity to communicate honestly throughout this time, we launched the iLEAD Family Resource helpline available to you, toll-free, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 7/23/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Fall Reopening Plans and Survey
- 7/6/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Fall Reopening Plans
- 5/29/20: We need your input regarding the 2020-2021 school year! Take our 2-minute poll
- 5/18/20: Student Support: Sensory Needs & Mindfulness for the Whole Child
- 5/13/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Update on distance learning and continued services
- 5/5/20: SCVi Distance Learning and Grading Update
- 4/24/20: Student Support: Mental Health Webinar Series
- 4/6/20: Student Support: Speech Take-Home Packet
- 4/4/20: Student Support Webinars: Speech & OT
- 3/30/20: Student Support: Prior Written Notice Re: Charter/LEA Closure to Prevent/Contain the Spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- 3/23/20: Message from iLEAD Director of Student Support: Student Support Webinars: Tips/Tricks
- 3/21/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Gov. Newsom “Stay at Home” order, Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools Debra Duardo recommends extended closure of public schools until 5/5/20, continued services
- 3/19/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Los Angeles County “Safer at Home” order, continued services
- 3/16/20: Letter to Parents and Guardians of iLEAD Student Support Learners
- 3/13/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Temporary site closure, transition to online learning
- 3/11/20: SCVi Leadership: Technology access survey
- 2/28/20: iLEAD California Leadership Team: Monitoring public health situation, preparing online learning
Northeast Valley Health Center is available to assist families in need, which is an additional option to other health providers families may normally access but that may be unavailable at this time. To access NEVHC, please contact Maricruz Romero, Consumer Relations Coordinator:
- Newhall Health Center
- 23413 Lyons Avenue
- Newhall, 91321
The Lyons Ave Salvation Army has extended hours to 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Families may access the center with no paperwork required at this time. Melissa Jones is the administrator of this center.
- Salvation Army
- 22935 Lyons Avenue
- Newhall, 91321
The Santa Clarita Valley Child and Family Center remains open and ready to provide essential mental health, substance use and domestic violence services to those in need. The Child and Family Center is open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. by appointment.
- Santa Clarita Valley Child and Family Center
- 21545 Centre Pointe Parkway
- Santa Clarita, CA 91350
- 661-259-9439 (mental health services)
- 661-481-2801 (substance use)
- 661-259-4357 (domestic violence hotline)
2020 Summer Meal Program
28060 Hasley Canyon Rd #200, Castaic, CA 91384
Monday-Friday (June 15-August 21)
Breakfast and lunch will be picked up together.
Online Learning Quick Tips!
Click here for school-at-home support:
Remote Learning Information and Tools
To our wonderful families,
We hope you’re taking good care of yourselves and one another as we make our transition into online learning. We miss seeing our learners in person, but we’re so grateful for the opportunity to stay connected during our temporary site closure.
We wanted to remind you about the important services we will continue offering.
Technology and Free/Low-Cost Internet
If your child was unable to check out a device and still needs technology to complete online coursework from home, please fill out the technology survey HERE and we will communicate with you. AT&T and Spectrum are offering free or low-cost home internet service, should you need it
Online Learning Launch
We are extremely fortunate to have various online learning platforms that will fit your learners needs per grade level. By now you should have received communication from your learner’s facilitators on what learning will look like this upcoming week and beyond!
For those grade levels using Powerschool please see the information below:
Log in to PowerSchool: http://
If you are experiencing difficulty, please see instructions here.
To submit a request for help, please submit a Learner Technology Support ticket here.
Middle School and Upper School
For our Middle School and Upper School learners our facilitators will continue to use Echo as our Learning Management System. This is a system our learners are already familiar with and have been using all year. For instruction, our facilitators will be using Zoom, which allows learners to ask facilitators questions and clarify any assignments or tasks they may be working on at the time.
Additionally, all of our grade-level teams are sending out an email that will explain what learning will look like for this upcoming week (if they haven’t done so already). Please be on the lookout for this email, as it is our main mode of communication at this time.
In addition to the online platform, our staff have planned a schedule of times to hold Zoom conferences throughout the day to help keep that human connection. Facilitators will hold live lessons, Advisory check-ins, Morning Meetings, Math Tutoring Hours and Study Hall. In addition, we are working with our elective facilitators to continue our specials such as Spanish, Yoga, PE, and Mandarin. Click here for SCVi’s Grade-Level Specific Online Resources. We will email you updates!
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
SCVi Leadership Team
Estimados padres de familia: Les queríamos recordar que si tienen alguna pregunta hay ayuda disponible en español. Llamen al número 844-269-1150 y Laura Henriquez estará disponible para contestar sus preguntas.
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Explaining Coronavirus and Prevention to Kids
- Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- #COVIBOOK Supporting and reassuring children around the world
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- What you should know about the coronavirus
- What to do if you are sick with the coronavirus
- Stop the spread of germs