Parents as Partners
It is the goal of this group to support one another and to be provided with necessary resources and encouragement. A few key things we discussed in our last meeting are:
- Goals to build a capacity to no longer needing services;
- For our voices to be heard;
- We will hold monthly meetings and I will look into making these meetings available online via Zoom for those who cannot attend;
- Marie and I will be working on a newsletter that will go out to all families with updates, information, and of course, resources;
- Parental training;
- Perseverance skills;
- We will cover a different topic at each meeting.
Our next meeting is Thursday, Nov. 8th, at 9 a.m. in The Village. This meeting will focus on all forms of Dyslexia. I hope to have Zoom available for those unable to attend.
In the meantime, please know that we’re here for you, and it’s our goal to provide a safe space for you to turn to when you need someone to talk to, support, or even a hug. It takes a village, am I right? Thank you again, so very much, for joining ours.
Please feel free to contact Anita Kornick at email@example.com with any questions.